This fresh flower crown will be the finishing touch for the “backyard boho bbq” Friday night for weekend campers!
Find the tutorial below and make one for yourself. Look forward to a post in the coming days on design inspiration for our boho camp dinner party as well. When creatives come together, aesthetics naturally start to matter! Excited to let you in on sneak peaks. If you will not be coming as a weekend camper this year, follow along on @campclimb Instagram stories August 24th to get inspired by the table scape and menu! It is sure to reel you in and have you committed to attending camp in 2019!
FRESH FLOWER CROWN
+ floral wire
+ floral tape
+ wire cutters
+ greenery (succulents, babies breath, olive leaves, wax flowers
+ freshly budding flowers (daisies, carnations, roses; smaller flowers make great crowns! Longevity of flower is important too.)
+ optional additions to your floral crown: berries, paper flowers,
1.Take a piece of floral wire and form it into a circular shape. Rest it atop your head to see how long you need the wire to be to form a loose crown around your head. Adjust your circle until you have a good fit.
2. Straighten wire back out. Wrap your wire in floral tape.
3. Take the flowers and cut all the stems to 2-3″ in length.
4. Start your crown with a layer of greenery that covers the wire, which will act as the base of your crown. Once you have your greenery, you’ll tape it to the crown with your floral tape.
3. Start to attach flowers to the crown (you can cut off excess stems with scissors or wire cutters), and, using floral tape, tape the stem to the crown. You’ll want to wrap the tape around the stem about four to five times to make sure it stays.
4. Attach the ends of your wire together to form your crown.
Store your fresh flower crown in the refrigerator when not in use.
Locally source what’s in Season around you. There’s no wrong combination!
Are you on the more “subtle” side? Leave out the flowers and embrace the simplicity of just greenery. Add some neutral berries in with greenery to add shape/texture.
Crown can also be worn many ways: more on top of the head and resting, tilted to one side (with a chunky cinderella wrap around braid) OR banding around the forehead behind the ears are just a few suggestions!
Jenna Kutcher inspired floral crown design:
Silk flowers and greenery work well, easy to maintain and last a lifetime!